High-traffic areas tend to collect the most clutter (wear and tear too). These simple decorating tips help you streamline those spaces while adding eclectic oomph.
Best part: it’ll cost you less than redesigning a whole room.
- Set the tone with a textured rug. Texture hides dirt and gives the room a stylish foundation.
- Mix real plants with life-like greenery. Low-maintenance. Need we say more?
- Try multi-functional pieces, like tall poufs, that double as end tables to maximize use in small spaces.
- Choose 2-3 colors to weave throughout the room for a unified look. Most people have kitchen gadgets in a range of colors and styles, so this simple suggestion helps to keep it cohesive.
- Store everyday ingredients in beautiful containers to make functional fun.
- Hang art a foot or more above countertops so that it’s far from food. You’re investing in art to love over a lifetime, so make the extra effort to protect it when hanging in areas where people (and food-slinging babies) eat.
- Balance out lighter color palettes in the bedroom with dark frames for a more dynamic look.
- Mix and match textured linens and bedding to avoid the flat look of hotel bedding.
- Keep nightstands clutter-free so your thoughtfully selected décor accents can truly shine!
For more artful decorating tips and to share your own décor stories, follow us on Facebook.